First leg done

Over the recent two weeks I spent time on the first leg, in my case the right one. I decided to go with a scratch build with MDF core and styrene sheet material on top of that. The arrangement of the inner ribs is pretty much a copy of the established styrene build instructions.



As you can see I allowed for a rod to go all the way up from the ankle/foot to the shoulder for a potential 2-3-2 conversion in the future. At the bottom I’ve got to positions for M6 tee nuts that will connect the leg to the ankle.


Here’s a dry fit with leg, shoulder shim (also styrene) and the ankle. All parts before any filler and sanding.

And finally an image of the whole right leg with all the bits that I’ve got so far. Another semi-milestone methinks.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *