First leg done

Over the recent two weeks I spent time on the first leg, in my case the right one. I decided to go with a scratch build with MDF core and styrene sheet material on top of that. The arrangement of the inner ribs is pretty much a copy of the established styrene build instructions.

Leg01

Leg02

As you can see I allowed for a rod to go all the way up from the ankle/foot to the shoulder for a potential 2-3-2 conversion in the future. At the bottom I’ve got to positions for M6 tee nuts that will connect the leg to the ankle.

Leg03

Here’s a dry fit with leg, shoulder shim (also styrene) and the ankle. All parts before any filler and sanding.

And finally an image of the whole right leg with all the bits that I’ve got so far. Another semi-milestone methinks.

Leg04

 

Main ankle scratch build

MainAnkle01

MainAnkle02

MainAnkle03

For the main ankles I decided to go with a scratch build approach. These are made of different thickness styrene sheets. I used my Rhino model to print templates for all the holes that needed to go into each side before glueing them together.